Join us on April 19th and 20th, 2024 in Cincinnati, OH for another event full of wonderful and knowledgeable speakers and an opportunity to network with your peers and colleagues.
Conference Learning Objectives:
Schedule of Events and Presentations
Friday April 19th:
08:00 am-04:00 pm Hands-on Workshops
11:00 am-07:00 pm Registration
05:00 pm-05:30 pm ASA/NSAA State of the Associations
5:30 pm-06:30 pm Keynote Address
06:30 pm-07:30 pm Welcome Reception
Saturday April 20th:
07:00 am-08:00 am Registration
07:00 am-07:45 am Breakfast with Exhibitors
07:45 am-08:00 am Joint Welcome
Fred Fisher, ASA President & Jim Pressley, NSAA President
08:00 am-09:55 am Scientific Presentations
10:00 am-10:20 am Professional Networking
(Break with Exhibitors)
10:20 am-12:15 pm Scentific Presentations
12:10 pm-01:30 pm Luncheon
01:30 pm-03:20 pm Scientific Presentations
03:20 pm-04:00 pm Professional Networking
(Break with Exhibitors)
04:00 pm-05:30 pm Legislative Round Table on Current Issues and Trends
Surgical Ablation for Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation Workshop
Friday 8a-12p Offsite : $125 – 4 CEUs : Transportation Provided
An educational opportunity that build on the fundamentals of the Cox-Maze IV procedure, focusing on the rationale, efficiency and efficacy of performing complex arrhythmia procedures, including the first FDA approved minimally invasive Hybrid AF™ Therapy for long-standing persistent (LSP) atrial fibrillation (Afib). This course features both didactic and hands-on training covering a broad range of relevant topics:
• Understand the importance of treating arrhythmias and the relevant anatomy for performing a concomitant or hybrid procedure
• Discuss optimization of cardiac output by restoring sinus rhythm and improving patient outcomes
• Review pathophysiology and key principles of Afib treatment
• Review society guidelines supporting surgical ablation and left atrial appendage (LAA) exclusion
• Discuss the rationale and indications for the Cox-Maze IV lesion set and Hybrid Convergent lesion sets
• Identify tips and tricks to improve procedural efficiency and clinical efficacy
• Review alternate epicardial and endocardial approaches, energy sources and lesion sets associated with surgical treatment
Advanced Workshop on Arthrex ACL Repair Techniques
Friday 8a-12p : $125 – 4 CEUs : Salon D & E
Unlock the secrets of cutting-edge ACL repair techniques with our comprehensive workshop powered by Arthrex, a pioneer in orthopedic innovation. This hands-on course is designed for allied health professionals seeking to enhance their skills in anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction.
• In-Depth Arthrex Technology Exploration: Delve into the advanced tools and technologies developed by Arthrex, a global leader in minimally invasive orthopedic solutions. Learn how to leverage these innovations for optimal ACL repair outcomes.
• Surgical Skill Enhancement: Gain practical experience through hands-on surgical simulations using Arthrex’s state-of-the-art equipment. Enhance your proficiency in performing ACL repairs and understand the nuances of various surgical approaches.
• Evidence-Based Practice: Stay at the forefront of orthopedic knowledge with evidence-based lectures on the latest research, clinical studies, and outcomes related to Arthrex ACL repair techniques.
• Networking Opportunities: Connect with peers, mentors, and industry professionals during workshop sessions. Foster collaborations, exchange ideas, and build a supportive community within the field of sports medicine.
Mastery Workshop on Arthrex Sternal Closure with FiberTape Cerclage
Friday 1p-3p : $50 – 2 CEUs : Salon A
Embark on a transformative journey into the world of advanced sternal closure techniques with our Mastery Workshop, powered by Arthrex. This specialized course is tailored for cardiothoracic surgeons, surgical residents, and healthcare professionals seeking to enhance their proficiency in sternal closure using Arthrex’s innovative FiberTape Cerclage system. Designed to enhance compression and minimize bone cut-through, FiberTape is more flexible than traditional metal wires.
• Cutting-Edge FiberTape Technology: Immerse yourself in the revolutionary FiberTape Cerclage system by Arthrex. FiberTape sternal closure is a 100% nonmetallic radiolucent alternative to stainless steel wires traditionally used for sternal closure procedures. Explore the unique properties and benefits of FiberTape for sternal closure, including enhanced strength, flexibility, and reduced risk of complications.
• Hands-On Training: Elevate your surgical skills through hands-on training sessions with Arthrex’s state-of-the-art equipment. Gain practical experience in utilizing FiberTape Cerclage for secure and durable sternal closure.
• Evidence-Based Practice: Stay abreast of the latest advancements in sternal closure research, clinical studies, and outcomes. Benefit from evidence-based lectures that integrate the most current knowledge into your practice.
Venapax Endovascular Vein Harvest Workshop
Friday 12:30p-4:30p : $125 – 4-CEUs : Salon D & E
An Endovascular Vein Harvest course which include a combination of didactic and video presentations featuring Venapax, an all-in-one comprehensive system that provides dissection and simultaneous branch ligation in a simple device. All training options are focused on helping allied health professionals gain the valuable experience and comfort they need to be prepared for that first case and beyond. It’s focus is not only on surgical technique but also on building a team approach to training that incorporates the harvesters and their cardiac teams.
• Experience the difference Venapax can make with its minimal-touch technique.
• Procedural training program shortens the Venapax EVH learning curve.
• Watch how Venapax dissects and simultaneously ligates.
Registration includes: Friday Reception, Saturday Morning Breakfast, All Breaks, and Lunch as well as all programming.
|Online Before April 6th
|Onsite After April 5th
|ASA/NSAA Member Registration
|ASA/NSAA Non-member Registration
|Student (CAAHEP Accredited) Member Registration
|Guest Reception Ticket
|Guest Lunch Ticket
|Surgical Ablation for AFib Workshop – 4 additional CEUs Friday 8a-12p (Offsite-Transportation Provided)
|Advanced Workshop on Arthrex ACL Repair Techniques 4 additional CEUs Friday 8a-12p
|Mastery Workshop on Arthrex Sternal Closure w/FiberTape Cerclage – 2 additional CEUs Friday 1p-3p
|Venapax Endovascular Vein Harvest – 4 additional CEUs Friday 12:30p-4:30p
*PLEASE NOTE THAT EXTRA TICKETS ARE FOR GUESTS YOU WISH TO BRING TO THE FUNCTIONS THAT OFFER FOOD OR BEVERAGE.
* If you cancel before April 1st, 2024, half the amount you paid will be refunded.
* If you cancel after April 1st, 2024, there will be no refund.
|2024 ASA/NSAA Conference
|Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
|35 West Fifth Street